One of the issues with doing sound checks, then sticking around till show time, is the 'Beer o Clock Syndrome'. That is when you have nothing better to do than sit around for five hours waiting for other people to show up.
In Cape Town, audiences show up about ten minutes before show time. So, by habit, they show up at ten to ten. Not because showtime is at ten, but because that's when they show up. It's a catch 22 created by a couple of hundred dozen bands that came before us. Now all of CT is about the ten o clock arrivee. And that sucks.
So by the time you have to go on stage, you've had about ten beers, as many tequilas and that's if you go on first! I'd rather go on at nine, throw out the garbage and dance to rockabilly tunes the rest of the night. But nooooooooo... “What time are you starting?” your people will ask you. “When you get here.” Is what I'd like to say.
Still, try telling people you'd like to start at nine, and see how far that gets you.
Three More White Guys's Fan Box
Legacy and Lunacy
- TMWG live w/ Niel Bekker of Speakerbox (video)
- TMWG and Niel Bekker Practise and Diary (video)
- White Guys on record - current streams / downloads
- Art's metal band V.O.L. current streams / downloads
- Three Bored White Guys - Boxstar Kitty mp3
- Three Bored White Guys - Mantits (original version) mp3
- Three Bored White Guys - We Been Robbed mp3
- Three Bored White Guys - We Been Robbed music video
- Artur and Anton play for Andy Lund's Bob Dylan Show
- We Been Robbed - video shoot image gallery
- Anton interviewed for bassplayers.co.za
- Frank interviewed for samusicblog.co.za